Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Romanov should consider putting Scotland first!




Could Romanov support Scotland and reject the Brit establishment which is attacking him? Why not? It's a win, win strategy and many Hearts fans are already supporters of Scottish independence.
I am not a football supporter as such. I really enjoy seeing internationals if Scotland are playing and most importantly if they win (sadly they don't that often though I live in hope!) but club football doesn't interest me much and English club football not at all.

I have vague allegiance towards Hibs or at least that's what I say if asked but it isn't really strongly defined it's more 'it's an Edinburgh team, it's not a Glasgow team', it's not anti-Catholic which Hearts seem like they vaguely might be (I'm an atheist but I was born and raised a Catholic so I am ultra sensitive towards anti-Catholic bigotry).

I attended the last Scottish Cup Victory for Hearts. My pal Brian (who is a Hearts fan) was going and I went along, I suppose I wanted them to lose but I wasn't really that bothered either way.

I had expected to see a sea of Union Jacks (as Hearts are supposed to be the 'unionist' team) but there wasn't actually any that I could spot! I was pleased to see that, because to me the Edinburgh teams seem a bit like pale copies of the Old Firm and unfortunately it is bigotry that keeps Rangers (and to a lesser extent Celtic as they tend to be a bit more 'political') going.
It was good to sea that Hearts seemed to have lost interest in waving the British flag and in point of fact I know a number of Hearts fans and they are all die hard Scottish nationalists!
Alex Salmond is a Hearts fan as well so the traditional political divide which perhaps existed in the past probably does not actually exist at all (I can say the same for Hibs of course as my other political fellow Scots republican travellers are Kev Williamson and Lloyd Quinan who are committed Hibernian fans and strong supporters obviously of Scottish independence).

If there is one team I do detest it's Rangers, their Union Jack waving turns my stomach and their connection with orangism and unionism I find revolting. I don't mind Celtic but I can't work up any enthusiasm for an 'Irish' team either. In fact I think many Celtic fans are holding our country, Scotland, back by giving their loyalty to another country without worrying more about their own. [Also, it annoys me that Celtic fans can't pronounce their own club's name, the word Celtic pronounced Keltic is a genuinely proud description and could represent BOTH Ireland and Scotland but it can't if people pronounce it as 'Seltic', like Cecilia!].

Even though I'm supposed to be anti-Hearts I just can't join in the universal condemnation of Vladimir Romanov the Hearts owner. I don't think it's a good thing that he tries to pick the team and his decision to sack George Burley was a dire mistake (though it has been to Scotland's international team's ultimate gain).

But even though in some ways Romanov is a bit strange he did save Hearts from going under and selling Tynecastle for that reason he deserves some credit (and ultimately gets some) from the Hearts fans.

Where he does have a real bitter enemy is in the Scotsman group of newspapers which own the Evening News and Scotsman and who in turn are owned by Johnston Press but still hate Scottish independence as much as they did when they were ran by Andrew 'Brillo pad head' Neil and the tax dodging Barclay Brothers.

The Scotsman detests Romanov and I wonder why. Why shouldn't they want Hearts to become a threat to the old firm? Why shouldn't Hearts challenge the west coast monopoly. Romanov has money, and Hearts unfortunately now owe him a lot of money but he does have ambition and that is where I think the Scotsman's jealousy resides.

After all the Scotsman is a unionist rag. It's agenda is to keep Scots down and their criticism of 'mad, bad blodsucking vlad' is racist and imperialist in it's nature. The underlying theme is that Lithuania isn't a decent place, that Lithuania is second class to Britain (though perhaps it might seem given the Scotsman's name that their racism emits from Scotland, but of course it actually doesn't).

This anti-Lithuanian colour of the Britman (that's what it SHOULD be called) might explain some off the more bitter utterances by Romanov about Scotland to the general media. However Vlad should think about who the man is who stabs him in the back most regularly. Step forward the quisling George Foulkes who hates Scottish independence with a passion and now appears to hate Romanov almost as much.

According to the Art of War the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Vlad should therefore consider throwing his financial weight behind Scottish independence. There is indeed a 'Scottish mafia' but it's called the Labour party and it doesn't have Scotland's interests at heart.

The Scotsman will still hate your guts Vladimir but it will at least show that politically you know your own enemies! After all I somehow doubt that you would want Russian control of Lithuania so why should YOU necessarily support the subjucation of Scotland in every area of public life by Britain and the London based Government which includes Lord Foulkes?
Get it right up them Vlad! Come out for Scottish independence and watch the Scotsman howl! well, one can but hope.

No comments: